SauceCon 2020 Call For Presentations
Austin TX – April 28-29, 2020
Bringing together the Sauce Labs user community and continuous testing experts from around the world, SauceCon is devoted to providing attendees with real world case studies, innovative approaches, and practical how-to information and live coding examples that they can put to immediate use in their own organizations. We’re inviting anyone with great automated testing, mobile app testing, continuous testing, and DevOps stories and experiences, to submit a speaking proposal by November 3rd, 2019.
With an audience comprised of testing practitioners and managers, we’re looking for presentations that are focused on the latest developments in web and mobile software testing. Areas of particular interest include:
- Journey to CI/CD and Continuous Testing
- Experiences Getting Executive/Management Buy-in for Automated Testing
- Implementing CI/CD with Mobile in Mind
- Shifting Testing Left
- Best Practices in Optimizing Code for Automated Testing
- Tips on Testing in Parallel
- Best Practices for Test Creation, Test Management or Test Execution
- Leveraging Analytics to Optimize Quality
- Lessons from Organizational Transformation
- TDD and BDD Best Practices
- Open Source Testing Tools & Frameworks
If you have faced challenges and overcome them, or failed brilliantly, or both, we want to hear from you. Importantly, keep in mind that what might now be an everyday occurrence for you can be an eye-opening revelation to someone who is just beginning their continuous testing journey. To see prior SauceCon presentations, check out the SauceCon 2019, SauceCon 2018 and SauceCon 2017 presentation recordings and agendas.
We remain firmly committed to diversity, so we encourage you, and people you know to submit – especially those who wouldn’t normally do so and/or might be underrepresented at a tech conference. Submit your proposal.
If your proposal is accepted Sauce Labs will provide you with the following:
- Airfare and airport ground transportation
- Lodging at the conference hotel (up to 3 nights for domestic, 4 nights for international travelers)
- Full conference pass
- Invitation to speaker’s dinner
For joint presentations, Sauce Labs will cover lodging, conference registration and the speaker’s dinner for the 2nd presenter.
November 3, 2019, Midnight PST – last day proposals are accepted.
December 6, 2019 – reviews completed/speakers notified
December 20, 2019 – edited abstract/bio/photo due (as necessary)
April 1, 2020 – presentation requirements due
Tips for Speakers
- Track presentation time slots are 35 minutes, including time for Q&A.
- There are plenty of opportunities to address questions and network after your presentation, so setting time aside for Q&A is not mandatory.
- No product sales pitches, please (subtle or otherwise).
- Please submit one speaking topic per form. If you have more than one presentation that you would like to put up for consideration, please submit multiple forms.
- Be thorough and descriptive in your abstract; if you were an attendee reading your talk description, what will you learn and takeaway?
Agreement to Record and Distribute Speaking Sessions
If your presentation is selected, you agree that we may record your presentation. The sessions will be live-streamed during the event. Upon conclusion of the conference, the recordings will be uploaded to the Sauce Labs YouTube Channel.
If you would like to submit a speaking proposal for SauceCon 2020, please complete this form. If your proposal is selected and you accept your speaking slot, we will add it to the conference agenda and update the website to include your bio and photo.
If you have any questions regarding SauceCon 2020 and/or the CFP submission process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!